the Ticket Bank
We wish everyone had instant access to new ideas and new art from international and local artists. The reality is, there are lots of barriers to seeing shows at OtB. We're working to break down these barriers and broaden the conversation.
In 2017 we started the Ticket Bank in an effort to make our art experiences more inclusive. We know that ticket price can be a barrier to attending OtB. The Ticket Bank gives people the opportunity to buy extra tickets for other audience members, and allows potential audience members to claim tickets for free. It's a win-win situation for everyone.
Last year was a big success and we are excited to continue the program this season. This year we want to grow the Ticket Bank by increasing the number of people who contribute tickets and sign up to receive tickets. Help us spread the word! Together we can make this work. Thank you.
1. When buying tickets online, look for a note on your checkout screen about contributing to the ticket pool and follow the prompts. When buying tickets in person/over the phone, just ask! BUY NOW ONLINE
1. Sign up online now or in person via the OtB Box Office. You will be added to an email list of potential recipients for this season. You must be signed up on this list to be eligible for Banked Tickets.
2. Wednesday, eight days before each performance opens, we'll email everyone on the list and spread the word.
3. Respond to the announcement within the next 48 hours with your name and the day of the performance you would like to attend.
4. Recipients will then be drawn at random and notified by email on Friday (six days before the show opens).
That's it. Broadening the conversation is a benefit for everyone. Let's keep it interesting. We hope you'll help us make this program a success!
Questions? Email Clare Hatlo, Associate Producer.
PS — We were also inspired by Austin’s Fusebox Festival and Minneapolis’s Mixed Blood Theater. Both these forward-thinking organizations have found ways to make their programs more accessible to a broader range of people.
*Please note: When adding to the Ticket Bank you are providing a ticket for another patron. Banked Tickets are not tax deductable. Banked Tickets are availalbe for regular series performances taking place at OtB only. Tickets are non-transferable.