NW New Works Festival
NW New Works 2018 artists Fausto Rivera and Cheryl Delostrinos of Au Collective (photo by Frank Correa)
Since 1983, the NW New Works Festival (NWNW) has showcased artists from all performance disciplines and celebrated the dynamic arts community of the Pacific Northwest. The festival has featured established artists from a variety of performance disciplines, upholding its goal to create a platform for artists within our region’s creative community.
The 2019 festival will explore the history, geography, and culture of the changing Pacific Northwest and include video screenings, artist talks, and opening and closing celebrations highlighting the festival’s 36-year history. Works featured in the festival are new and/or in-progress multidisciplinary performance works, all under 20 minutes in length. NWNW is selected by a panel of curators and artists from across the region. Festival participants receive an honorarium, performance documentation, and rehearsal time at On the Boards.
Application deadline: Sun, Nov 18, 2018, 11:59 pm
Performances: June 6-9 and June 13-16, 2019
- Works must be newly created or have only been shown as a work-in-progress.
- Pieces must be no longer than 20 mins.
- You must be able to present the piece on either weekend of the Festival.
- You must be available for an in-procees showing on the weekend of April 13-14, 2019.
- You must be available for a one day/6 hour technical rehearsal the week you are scheduled to present as well as a dress rehearsal the day before or day of your presentation. (TBD)
- You will be asked to submit a budget for the proposed project. A budget template can be found here if you need to reference one.
The NWNW Festival is produced by Charles Smith, Director of Program Management.
On the Boards’ 18/19 season is supported by the Garneau-Nicon Family Foundation, Microsoft, The Tulalip Tribe, and ArtsFund.