COVID-19 Updates and Changes
COVID-19 Public Health Update
To read the latest update please click here.
The leadership at On the Boards takes the COVID-19 outbreak very seriously, and we want to update you all with the most recent decisions of how we are moving forward with our performances and public programming. You can check out this page or our social media channels for new information and updates on possible performance or event postponements. We are committed to keeping you fully informed, but we acknowledge that we are navigating many new challenges and uncharted waters. Decisions about whether each performances and public programs are moving forward as scheduled or being postponed are being made by the leadership in conversation with the artists creating them. We care deeply about our community and encourage you to protect yourselves and the people around you.
Ticketholders for postponed programs may:
- Do nothing. The price of your ticket will still support the art and artists at On the Boards.
- Exchange your ticket for a yearlong subscription to OntheBoards.tv.
- Exchange your ticket for a performance in our 2020-2021 (yet to be announced) season.
- Turn the value of your ticket into a tax-deductible donation.
- Receive a refund for your ticket.
If you are interested in exchanges or refunds please contact Director of Audience Services, Pamala Mijatov, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rehearsal space will not be available through at least May 4th in compliance with the state's Stay-at-Home order. After the 6th, we'll re-evaluate the situation based on recommendations from Governor Jay Inslee around what is deemed safe and responsible. The leadership at On the Boards takes COVID-19 very seriously. We care deeply about our community and encourage you to protect yourselves and the people around you.
While rehearsals are considered non-essential, live streaming events are on the list of essential activities. If you have a live streaming project that would benefit from space usage at On the Boards, please follow the Request Rehearsal Space link here and tell us about your idea.
All on-site On the Boards performances have been postponed until May 10, 2020. We hope to bring you additional updates about postponement and rescheduling of tickets, online programming opportunities, and other exciting updates very soon. You can also check our Journal for more writing and thoughts from artists, collaborators, and our Artistic Director Rachel Cook.
If you have any questions please reach out to Director of External Relations, Samie Detzer, at email@example.com.
Our programming updates
- We have currently suspended ticket sales for March-May 2020. We hope to have further updates about possible rescheduling or postponement very soon.
- On the Boards takes great pride in being a home for artists, a place where they can thrive and where their creative practice and opportunities will be continually supported. The leadership at On the Boards is committed to paying all artist fees for the rest of the year regardless of programming shifts that may occurred.
On the Boards business
Our staff has begun to work entirely from home, and because of this we are taking some hints from artist Michelle Ellsworth about how to have an effective and well curated Skype (or Zoom, Ring Central, or Teams) online meeting. Check out this note from Artistic Director Rachel Cook on our Journal and watch the video from Michelle.
(PS- Michelle made this for OntheBoards.tv)
Where are we now
We have been so overwhelmed by the outpouring of support we have received from our community and we appreciate your understanding at how hard this health crisis is hitting our industry specifically. We invite you to consider making a donation now to help us weather this uncertain time. You can make a one-time donate here or consider signing up for monthly donations right here
For our community
We encourage you to get some food to go from prior Studio Supper chefs who are offering delivery at this time. For more information on who is offering delivery check out this note from Sara Ann Davidson.
Please continue to check back for regular updates.
Our programming updates
- Our March 19-22 performance of Timothy White Eagle’s The Violet Symphony has been postponed. Please contact Pamala Mijatov, Director of Audience Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org, for information about exchanges and refunds.
- Our March 19 Studio Supper with Monica Dimas of Little Neon Taco has been cancelled.
- Our April 23-26 festival, The Small Human Festival, has been postponed.
We are also considering how we can continue to serve our community while also protecting everyone who walks through our doors. We have decided to make OntheBoards.tv, our streaming platform of 60 field-defining contemporary performances, free for everyone through the month of April. Free world class art in your home, when you need it most!
Here’s how individuals may access free rentals:
- Choose a performance on https://www.ontheboards.tv/
- Pick the 48-hour rental option, then add to your cart (you can do this with as many films as you like)
- Go to Checkout
- Enter your name and email address
- Use the promo code ARTATHOME20
How you can help and stay engaged:
- Consider making a donation to On the Boards, or another small organization in need, as these cancellations will have profound effects on all of our futures.
- In light of our cancelled Studio Supper please consider visiting Little Neon Taco and enjoy some delicious food from Monica Dimas.
- Take good care of yourselves and your loved ones and wash your hands!
Please continue to check back or regular updates.