Seattle Dance City: Just the FAQ's Aug 23, 2017
Seattle Dance City is almost here! Dance the night away and raise money to support radical performance and dance in Seattle at Velocity Dance Center + On the Boards! Form a team, collect pledges, and then DANCE at Century Ballroom from 8:30pm-1am. (Or join us for VIP Cocktails at 7:30!) (More details here)
We've put together a FAQ to answer your burning questions on becoming a Seattle Dance Citizen:
HOW DO I MAKE A TEAM?
• Step 1: Go to SeattleDanceCity.causevox.com
• Step 2: Click the red “Sign up to dance or create a team” button
• Step 3: Create a profile for yourself. This will include several pages past your initial profile page (you can follow along at the top menu). At the end of all that, you will get some automatically generated emails from us.
• Step 4: On the right, look next to “My teams” (it’s very faint blue) and click on “View Teams”
• Step 5: Click on the “New Team” button in to create a team, OR click on the already existing team you would like to join. If you created a team, you’re all done – you just need to invite all of your friends!
• Step 6: Click the white “Join Team” button next to your avatar at the top of the page if you are joining a team – now you’re all done – you just need to invite all of your friends!
HOW DO I WIN PRIZES?
Prizes are awarded to dancers who raise the most pledge money and who dance, dance, dance!!! We have a list of goodies you’ll get for bringing in $20 – $100 of pledges and then a whole list of fun and unique prizes for the TOP pledge earners. The participant who brings in the MOST pledges gets to choose first among our collection of special prizes, the second highest gets second pick, and so on until all the prizes are dispersed. There will also be a limbo contest. There are lots of prizes, so you have a good chance of getting one!
WHY SHOULD I COLLECT PLEDGES?
Besides the opportunity to win some fabulous prizes, you will be helping support our seasons, and the art and artists in our community! We need your support! This party is a great opportunity to tell your friends and colleagues why On the Boards and Velocity an important place for art!
Collecting pledges is easy.
Here’s a strategy on how to raise $600 in 1 week (it’s been done before!):
• Day 1: Sponsor yourself for $30
• Day 2: Ask four family members for $30 each
• Day 3: Ask five friends for $25 each
• Day 4: Ask five co-workers for $20 each
• Day 5: Ask five neighbors for $25 each
• Day 6: Ask your job for a $100 contribution
Asking friends and co-workers for even small donations of $1, $2, $5 will help get you closer to your fundraising goal. Bringing in $151 instead of $150 can make all the difference in terms of getting the great prize you want!
SO THEN WHAT ARE TEAMS FOR?
Teams allow you to get a prize along with your group of friends. If you’re part of a team, you collect pledges and are eligible for prizes in the same way as normal. The only difference is that we also calculate the total pledges of your team. If your team has the most pledges, you win!
CAN I PLEDGE OR SPONSOR MYSELF?
Yes. You can even make up strange and mysterious names, as long as the pledge money is real.
I COULD NOT GET IT TOGETHER TO COLLECT PLEDGES. CAN I STILL COME?
If you haven’t raised any pledges we still want you to come to the party! Door admission will be $20. Everyone is welcome at Seattle Dance City regardless of how they decide to participate. We hope everyone can come and show their support.
WHAT DO I WEAR?
Consider dressing up, or working with your team to coordinate your outfits! We'll have paper contestant numbers to pin to your back to really complete that dance-a-thon look, but it’s really up to you.
SEE YOU THERE!