Our Mission, Vision, and Values
On the Boards invests in leading contemporary performing artists near and far, and connects them to a diverse range of communities interested in forward-thinking art and ideas.
We believe if we are successful in our work that we can grow our field, enrich peoples' lives, and contribute to civic and global dialogues.
- artistic risks while being fiscally responsible;
- leadership in our field and the multiple communities we serve to strategically advance the role contemporary artists play in society;
- racial and social equity, and accountability;
- provocative art as a vehicle to connect people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives;
- our regional creative community as we engage with international artists and peers;
- professional and transparent management.
On the Boards acknowledges that we work on land that is the ancestral home of the Duwamish and many other Indigenous peoples recorded and unrecorded, who have been the custodians of this land since time immemorial. As guests and — in many of our cases — as settlers on this land, we extend our deepest gratitude and respect to their ancestors and elders past, present, and future.
On the Boards is beginning to engage in conversations to deepen our practices in a way that reflects and honors Coast Salish protocol. Part of our understanding of the protocol is making material gifts to the Indigenous peoples of this land as a way of recognizing their genealogical responsibility to the well-being of the territory and all beings who make a home here. We encourage you to donate online at www.realrentduwamish.org