10/11 Season | 12 Minutes MaxApr 10-Apr 11, 2011
$8 Studio Theater
Curated by Andrew Russell (associate producer, Intiman Theater) & Paige Weinheimer (poet)
Tickets are only available one hour before show time in the Studio lobby (No advance sales)
• Dave Proscia returns to 12MM, this time with wood pallets, shrink wrap, and a pallet jack. In his new work, alpha beta beta, three performers play with competition and limitation. (Dance | Theatre)
• Through solos and duets, The MOVE!ING Company explore the functions and systems of addiction in search of what it takes to halt the destructive cycle. (Dance)
• Kiki Yeung combines comedy, music, and multiple characters in her one woman show Second Chances for Grace. (Theater)
• 12MM welcomes Flora McGill and the Sweet Spot to the stage, as this Seattle-based band debut a series new songs using guitar, ukulele, vocals, and percussion. (Music)
• Carla Maria Negrete Martinez collaborates with visual artist Anson Aguirre Firth in the dance work, A History of Unspoken Words. Using accumulation of tempo, bodies, and contrasting personalities, six dancers investigate the exposure of individual voice. (Dance)
• Black Stax present a hip-hop drama told from the perspective of Preacher, an African American Male who has lost his ability to contain “normalcy.” With the collaboration of Vivian Philips, eight performers lead us through his sources of debilitation in this original work, The Narrative. (Theater | Music)
About the Curators
Paige Weinheimer is a poet who trained as a classical pianist and now loves the synthesizer and finally dance. In her five years at 4Culture, she’s been involved in attempts to make it easier for more local voices to get more space (NEA Our Town proposal, Capitol Hill LGBTQ Civic Center, Cultural Overlay Districts for Seattle, Arts Leadership Lab, Washington Hall).
Andrew Russell is the Associate Producer at Intiman. Since coming to Seattle he has directed productions for the theater such as The Thin Place and, coming in May, The Call.